I earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology and master’s degree in social work from the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor. I chose to study these fields because I was fascinated with human behavior, wanted to work in diverse roles throughout the community to service those in need, and ultimately love helping to facilitate emotional and psychological growth in people who, like myself, aspire to better human beings.
I have been licensed to practice clinical and macro social work in the state of Michigan since 1988.
I’ve been extremely fortunate to provide social work, case management, administrative and clinical services for thirty years throughout Detroit and Charlotte, NC to the following populations:
- Foster children
- Adolescent behavioral health (psychiatric) inpatients
- Emotionally impaired students
- Adolescent and adult mental health outpatients
- General medical-surgical inpatients
- Pregnant and postpartum women with substance use disorders
- Home bound seniors
- Adult foster care residents
- Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis patients
- High risk neonatal, pediatric, and maternal inpatients
- Adult private mental health outpatients
My social work career has been a true journey in which I’ve learned profound lessons and have repeatedly witnessed firsthand the amazing resiliency of the human spirit. The gift of being able to serve others has many challenges, but far more rewards. It's that gift that keeps me inspired to learn, grow and develop as I continue on my own professional path as a clinical therapist.
- National Association of Social Workers
- National Association of Social Workers – Michigan Chapter
On a personal note...
I grew up in Flint, MI, and have nine wonderful nieces and nephews. I love sunshine, music, dancing, singing, photography, writing, reading, exercising and the amazing benefits of a organic, vegan lifestyle.